If you want a carefree boating experience with the least maintenance, aluminium is the right material for you. In countries having rocky beaches, shallow water, demanding and varying weather conditions, these boats serve as a perfect choice. Let’s take a look at what makes aluminium boats a great choice.
- Flammability: Aluminium material does not ignite. On the other hand, GRP boats have resins of petroleum that burn energetically. Although fire retardant, the latter isn’t easy to light up but once it starts burning, it goes hazardous.
- Lifespan: Its feature includes good corrosion resistance, high material strength, and others make aluminium boats live for at least 30 to 40 years. The longevity results in high resale value and low impairment.
- Sun Exposure: Ultraviolet rays that come from the sun do not affect aluminium. However, these rays can damage the underlying structure, hull, and gel coat of a fibreglass boat.
- Weight: Aluminium is lighter than steel and fibreglass. Thus, lighter boats come with several benefits like higher speed, greater payload, and lower fuel consumption. It also allows for simpler handling and transportation.
- Environment Friendly: Aluminium is recyclable, which makes it an environment-friendly choice for making boats. Contrarily, recovering fibreglass is an expensive, long, and complicated process and also a less efficient one.
- Impacts: A higher ductility empowers aluminium with a capability to hold strong against permanent deformation without taking any rupture. Also, with less elasticity modulus, aluminium easily absorbs the impact energy, improving damage prevention.
That’s not all. You can find numerous styles and types of boats with aluminium boat builders in Brisbane to meet your precise preferences and needs.