It is likely that you are unfamiliar with the jargon that you are suddenly trying to make sense of if you are new to wallpaper. It is important to consider them before deciding on which wallpaper is the best for you, as you may not even be aware that there are different types of wallpaper out there. The kind of wallpaper you are selecting can depend on several factors, and today we are going to help you with it. The blog here will be explaining to you the varied kinds of wallpaper that are available and the kind of factors that should be considered while deciding on the type of wallpaper that suits you the best.
The following are three primary ways in which the wallpapers differ by the pattern repeat, pattern match, and the way in which it is applied. Wallpaper should be suited to the living rooms and hallways since these rooms are used mostly as they have different measurements and different levels of durability.
The following are the breakdown of the varied kinds of wallpapers that are there:
2) Pattern match
- Straight pattern match – The design needs to match the strips on either end, allowing you to bear in mind the length of the wall and the line up of the paper in the correct manner.
- Offset pattern match – It is yet another hardest wallpaper in terms of being applied to create the maximum wastage being known as half drop. At the ceiling line on every other strip and the design trends that are running diagonally, this offset match wallpaper repeats itself.
- Free match – It is the simplest way in terms of applying wallpaper since the pattern is a completely random one.
- Paste the paper – You will be applying the paste to the wallpaper as it says in the name. You need to soak the wallpaper in the paste for around 8-12 minutes each strip with this method and hang them on the wall.
- Paste the wall – It is relatively a new way to hang the wallpaper and easier than pasting the paper. You need to apply the paste directly to the wall and then hang the wallpaper straight later since you need not let it soak in the paste. The wallpaper is stronger than the paste as it does not expand when the paste is applied. It is this way in which this application is the best for beginners.