Self tanning can be scary because you don't want to end up looking like a radioactive tangerine. Here are some tips to getting a natural-looking golden glow.
You can shop self tanner for face online also and brings aglow on your face in summer.
- Do use a gradual tanner. This way you can slowly build up to the right level of tan for you. Trying to go from ghostly pale to deep tan in one step is the most common mistake women make. Neutrogena has a great gradual tanning lotion that will get you have a hint of a tan immediately or a deep glow within just a few days.
- Do shower, shave, and exfoliate before tanning. This will help the lotion blend in more evenly.
- Do wash your hands with soap after use. I ignored this advice the first few times I self tanned, and ended up with orange palms, and brown discoloring between my fingers. Ew. Worried about pale hands? The tanning lotion at that point has normally sunk in a bit, so your hands will still get a little bit of a tan, but if it's not enough, use a face bronzer on them. It blends in well!
- Do scrub under your fingernails with a fingernail brush after tanning, or it will discolor the underside.
- Do wait until that evening to shower again. They say you can shower again within a couple of hours, but it normally washes off. It's a good idea to get some scented body lotion and wash with it to get rid of the lingering lotion smell.